I haven’t posted in awhile, but I thought I would share something I’m reading which I find quite beneficial concerning meditation. This was written by Roy Eugene Davis, an actual follower of Paramahansa Yogananda. He writes about the benefits or delightful side effects of meditation.
• Mental transformations and thinking processes become more organized as the result of meditative calmness and the influence of refined states of consciousness.
• The body’s immune system is strengthened and physiological functions are encouraged to be more balanced and efficient.
• Biologic aging processes are slowed. Older, long-term meditators are mentally and physically younger than their calendar years might suggest.
• Stress symptoms are reduced. The nervous system is refreshed and enlivened, allowing awareness to be more easily processed through it.
• Regenerative energies are awakened. These, directed by innate intelligence, vitalize the body, empower the mind, and have restorative and healing influences.
• Intellectual skills are improved, causing delusions and illusions to be dispelled. Intuition awakens, allowing us to directly know whatever we desire to know and to experience a vivid sense of unerring inner guidance.
• Appreciation for living is enhanced.
• Creativity is stimulated.
• Innate spiritual qualities awaken, enabling us to be more insightful, and functionally skillful.
• Rapid, more satisfying, authentic spiritual growth is nurtured because body, mind, and awareness is beneficially influenced by refined superconscious states.
The full booklet can be downloaded as a pdf: An Easy Guide to Meditation
3 thoughts on “Meditation”
Thanks for this great summary of meditation’s benefits!
I welcome those benefits but I still struggle with meditation. I have such a hard tome doing it that it almost seems more stressful to try. sigh.
Lisa, the key time to meditate which makes it easier is between 3 – 5 AM. I don’t always make that time myself. Truthfully, I’m a long way from any advanced meditation, but I find that even trying makes my life go much better.